2013年6月28日金曜日

2013年6月28日金曜日 -

Katherine - Chocoholic!



One of my favorite pastimes is eating. I love to try new foods, and I especially love desserts. Some people might even say that I’m a gourmand when it comes to desserts.

Recently me and a friend decided to visit Sweets Paradise; a famous dessert buffet restaurant. We don't really have “dessert buffets” in Ireland... even “all you can eat” restaurants are rare. So I was really curious to see what it was like... and whether or not it was really “all you can eat”!

The moment we entered we were hit by the aroma of chocolate. There was a large chocolate fountain beside 2 cases filled with various cakes. We stared in awe for a little while... neither of us had seen so many desserts gathered in one place before!



We each took a plate and began to fill it with small slices of cake. We wanted to try everything! There were fruit cakes, cheese cakes, cream cakes, chocolate cakes...  we were spoiled by all the choices! After we had each filled a plate, we returned to our seats and began our feast. Everything was so delicious. A few of the desserts just melted in my mouth. I felt as though I had died and gone to heaven!



However, after polishing off the second plate of goodies, my delight began to fade. I started to feel rather queasy. I realized there was a limit to how much sugar I could eat in one sitting!

But the cakes were delicious and the whole experience was really fun!

chocoholic = チョコレート中毒
pastimes娯楽
gourmand食いしん坊
buffetブッフェ
all you can eat食べ放題
rare
curiousすごく気になる
we were hit by = ~に襲われる
aroma香り
fountain噴水
variousいろいろな種類の
awe畏怖
spoiled甘やかされる
choices選択肢
feast豪華な食事
melted in my mouth口の中でとろけた
died and gone to heaven死んで天国に行ってしまった
polishing offたいらげる
goodiesごちそう
delight喜び
queasy吐き気がする
limit限界
in one sitting一回の食事の席で