2018年2月23日金曜日

2018年2月23日金曜日 -

Sahil : My First Time in Japan


My interest in Japanese culture and language increased as I got older. I grew up with anime such as Dragon Ball, Inuyasha and many others. I started to think about life in Japan when I was in high school. After college, I decided to apply for an English teaching position in Japan. When I was accepted, I was super-excited for the journey ahead. I knew that there would be challenges that I would have to overcome, but that made it all the more exciting.
When I arrived in Japan, I was nervous as well as excited. It was going to be my first stay abroad for a long period of time. I didn't know what to expect. It was all new for me. On the night of my arrival, I went to a small yakitori bar and enjoyed some delicious yakitori along with a cold glass of beer. I couldn't believe that I was finally in Japan, and that I was living my dream. Everything was exciting, from convenient stores to small restaurants. I started to explore Osaka, seeing places like Osaka Castle, Tennoji Zoo, Namba and Dotonbori. It was all so much fun.
After a few weeks, I went to Kyoto, which was fantastic! It's a beautiful place with lots to see. I had a great time exploring Arashiyama, Kinkaku-ji, Ryoan-ji and much more. Also, I really enjoyed seeing the red Japanese maple leaves. A few weeks later I went to Nara, which was as beautiful and exciting as Kyoto. The colorful leaves, temples and tall grassy hills made it an amazing place to visit.
Recently, I visited Kyoto again to see a festival. Also, I went to Takayama in Gifu. It was covered in snow and we went snowboarding, visited temples and relaxed in an onsen. This was my most recent experience.  I'm looking forward to many more experiences to come.
apply for:応募する
ahead:前途に
overcome:克服する
expect:心積もりする
along with:~といっしょに
explore:探索する
maple leaves:紅葉