2018年7月14日土曜日

2018年7月14日土曜日 -

Phil: Holiday destinations

Nelson bay - wiki


Like Japan, my home country Australia has plenty of hot weather in summer. One of my favourite things to do in Australia in summer is to hit the beach for an hour or two of body surfing. In my home town of Nelson bay there are a number of coastal beaches to visit. I prefer to visit the protected bays where the surf is smaller but you can still get a long ride on the waves. Body surfing can be done using a body board or just your body to slide down the front of the waves. It`s a lot of fun. People often take a packed lunch and

a beach umbrella to the beach.
       In Japan there a lot of lovely coastal areas, too. This summer I’m planning on going to Amanohashidate on the Sea of Japan coast in Kyoto prefecture. I’m hoping to do some swimming there and eat some local seafood. In June this year, I had a visit from family members coming from Australia. We had a ball of fun and they were able to see the recently renovated Osaka Castle. They ate eel, did some sightseeing and souvenir shopping, too. I think Japan makes a lovely holiday destination for foreign visitors because it has lots of interesting food and cultural differences to experience.

plenty of:たくさんの
hit the beach:海に行く
coastal beaches:海辺の砂浜
renovated:改装された
destination:行先