2018年7月7日土曜日

2018年7月7日土曜日 -

Hugh :Fushimi-Inari Taisha – Kyoto – The Return


Did you read my last story about my first time I went to Fushimi-Inari Shrine? Crazy right? Well, this story is about the second time I went there.

So, just before Golden Week 2018, I went back to Fushimi-Inari Shrine. This time, I arrived in the morning which was contrary to the last time.

I arrived there and it hit me that I had forgotten just how amazing it is. I found myself thinking about how somebody could have designed something like this!

I actually went there with a mate from the UK and he's well into doing ultramarathons. He had no problems running up the mountain between the red gates. He did, however, pause to wait for me during different stages so we could have an energy drink as a trip down memory lane. (Do you remember my first story?)

There were so many red gates and it was hard to find a time when there were no other tourists around to take some shots. However, I was able to take some (in my opinion) gems. It was a really nice vibe walking around the mountain but it was a little taxing on the body, being that it's 4.2 kilometers on a round trip. We eventually made it to the top and took the chance to take pause.

All in all, the weather was great and we had an excellent time. If you happen to be in Kyoto one day, I would 100% recommend that you visit this place.

contrary the opposite of another time
mate friend (British English)
well into very interested in something
ultramarathon a cross country foot race, around 100 kilometers long
trip down memory lane remembering a previous, good memory
gems something which is valued because of its success or perfection
taxing demanding or tough
being that since or because
vibe atmosphere
take pause relax for a short time
all in all completely
happen to if something occurs
found myself  come upon something unexpectedly
shots photos
hit me sudden realization about something
round trip a journey to a certain place then back again, to where one first started