2015年11月13日金曜日

2015年11月13日金曜日 -

Adrian: Self introduction

Hello! My name is Adrian. I'm twenty four years old and I'm from a small city called

Halifax on the East coast of Canada. This part of the country is known as the Maritimes. I was born and raised there, and grew up enjoying life next to the Atlantic Ocean. This is probably the reason why I love seafood. Halifax is actually famous for its lobster, which is a popular meal to have for special occasions. When I was young, I always had lobster for dinner on my birthday, which is a tradition that I continue to this day! Halifax is also known locally as the City of Trees, because so many of the residential areas and even parts of downtown are lined with huge, leafy trees. So, in the summer, there is green everywhere, and it is a beautiful place to walk around and spend time outdoors. I personally love going to lakes with friends and my dog, as well as eating out at patio-restaurants downtown. Winter is a different story, however, because we usually get hit with more snow than any of our neighboring provinces. Every Canadian, especially from the Maritimes, is never surprised when they have to shovel through a few feet of snow just to get to their car in the morning once February rolls around. But harsh winters have made Canadians tough, so we don't often complain about the cold or the snow during the winter.


As for some other things that I like to do, cooking, playing and watching soccer, and listening to and playing music are probabaly my favorites. I have been a soccer player since I was six years old, and was lucky enough to represent my Province for Men's soccer in the 2009 Canada Games! I also played for my high school team, my city team, and went on to become captain for my university team! When I'm not playing soccer, I like listening to music, as well as playing guitar, bass, drums, and piano—I was always inspired to play music and learn to play instruments by my uncle, who is the drummer of a famous Canadian rock band called Sloan. Other than that, I love travelling and meeting new people all around the world. I have gone on trips to England, Italy, Spain, Australia, and now I'm living in Japan! I love Japan so far, and have been trying to learn Japanese language and cooking. Sashimi is my favorite dish here, but since I live in Osaka, Okonomiyaki is a close second favorite. I'm looking forward to making many new friends in Japan, as well as teaching English and learning Japanese! 
the Maritimes:カナダの東海岸の沿海州
the Atlantic ocean:大西洋
residential areas:住宅地
downtown:中心地
patio-restaurants :パティオのあるレストランと
get hit with:被害に遭う
provinces:州
shovel :シャベルでかき出す
harsh:厳しい
tough:タフ
represent :代表になる
Other than that:それ以外では

so far:今のところ