2014年7月11日金曜日

2014年7月11日金曜日 -

Josue: My favorite sport's team



During my childhood, I did not like playing sports very much. I also did not enjoy watching sports. The only exception was baseball and soccer. My brother liked playing baseball, so I would sometimes play with him. My father later enrolled us in a children's baseball league, but my brother and I were the worst players on our team, so the coach would hardly play us. 


As for soccer, I would sometimes play it during recess time when I was in elementary school. While playing soccer one day, I accidentally scored a goal for the opposing team. All the kids on my team were angry with me and called me names. Therefore, I grew to dislike team sports.


 During high school, my physical education class often had me playing basketball. I was very bad, and I was always the last person to be chosen to be on a team. I couldn’t dribble. I couldn't shoot. I couldn't pass. I couldn't do anything! I hated basketball. A few years after high school, when I was 21 years old, I read a short biography on a basketball player by the name of David Robinson. I enjoyed reading about him, and I thought he was a genuinely nice guy. I wanted to know more about him, and wanted to see him. One day, I went to my parent's house, and my younger brother was watching NBA basketball. I told him that I recently became interested in a basketball player named David Robinson, and he told me that he was watching him now play on his favorite team, the San Antonio Spurs. This was in 1997.

My brother started telling me about the Spurs. He told me that the Spurs had a new rookie player by the name of Tim Duncan and how he was an excellent player. He also told me about their coach, Gregg Popovich. The organization always tries to bring to the team players who have good character and are good citizens. The Spurs were a good team when I started watching them, and they won their first championship in 1999. It was an awesome experience.

exception:例外
enrolled:入会させた
As for:~はどうかといえば
recess time:休み時間
called me names:悪態をつく
biography:伝記
genuinely:正真正銘に
organization:組織
awesome:印象的な