2013年5月11日土曜日

2013年5月11日土曜日 -

Ariell - Shopping in Osaka


One of my favorite things to do in Japan is shopping. For me, shopping in Japan is so much better than in the United States because of my tasteI am not into European high fashion or American casual wear. I like the very feminine “himegyaru” style that is popular in Japan. Himegyaru items are not so popular in my hometown and are usually hard to come by. Despite being unpopular, Himegyaru items in the U.S can also be very expensiveFortunately in Japan these items are easy to find, and there’s a range of prices. My favorite places to shop in Osaka are Umeda, Shinsaibashi, Namba and Tennoji. I really enjoy the never-ending shopping arcades in Osaka. I especially like the “Namba Walk” and “32 Bangai” near Umeda Station



Recently, I had a girls outing with friends. We started the day by going to a nail salon. After that we went shopping in Namba. There were so many shops full of fun and frivolous things. We had a great time but it was a long day and we were all exhausted. We decided to finish the day eating pastries at Fujiya restaurant.

taste = 好み
I am not into = 本当に好きじゃない
high fashion = 最新のファッション/高級ファッション
feminine = フェミニン・女性らしい
hard to come by = 見つけにくい
expensive = 高い
fortunately = 幸いにも
range of prices = 値幅
never ending = 長い
arcades =(商店街の)アーケード
outing お出かけ
frivolous = 取るに足らない・くだらない
exhausted = 疲れ切る・へとへとになる
pastries = 洋菓子