2013年2月8日金曜日

2013年2月8日金曜日 -

Guy - Arima Hot Spring



  "I love to try the locally brewed beer"   
When I travel, I love to go native - especially in Japan.  And what better way to learn about a place than to sample its culture, food and drink? 
When I travel I especially like to try the local brews and baths wherever I go. So far I’ve had a wonderful journey.

Last weekend I took a trip to the famous Arima hot springs in Hyogo prefecture. In between relaxing in the beautiful, therapeutic pools I was able to sample some equally therapeutic local beers. Rokko Beer comes from nearby Rokko Mountain. It uses a combination of fresh ingredients and natural Rokko Mountain water to create a very fresh and utterly relaxing taste. There’s nothing quite like drinking a cold beer after a hot bath in a traditional Japanese setting. It’s one of my favorite things!


 Speaking of hot springs, I can’t recommend the beautiful water at Arima enough.  It was the perfect weekend getaway. I was able to totally relax and recharge by the time I came back to the real world.  Two days enjoying the sights, smells, tastes, and warm baths of Arima made me feel like I was in a more traditional Japan.

I can’t wait until my next trip in scenic Japan I wonder what I’ll do and drink next?
Please feel free to recommend some places in our lesson together!


go native = 旅行で現地の人のように振舞う
brews = 地酒
therapeutic = 治療効果のある
utterly = すっかり
Speaking of = ~といえば
I can’t recommend _____ enough = ~について勧めきれない程素晴らしい。
Getaway = 日常からの)逃避
Recharge = 再充電
Scenic = 景色のよい
I wonder what I’ll do = 何をしようかな