2021年4月22日木曜日

2021年4月22日木曜日 -

Jessa-Missing the Tides

 

It's been a year now since I last witnessed the dazzling setting of the sun and felt the cold rush of air from the sea and the warmth of the sun as it sets. Remembering how the waves crashed on the sea vessel bringing me to and from our island. Now, it's getting less vivid as the days pass by here in the city.

 
I grew up on an island. As I did so, I excitedly anticipated being able to travel across the water and be able to step on the other side of the island, which has the nearest town. I came to experience it when I reached high school. I spent my high school years in the little noisy and busy town. Every day, I had to travel from the island to the town and back again.

 One of my happiest memories was when I boarded the sea vessel for the first time. I was exceptionally happy witnessing how the vessel would crash through the brilliant waves. The beauty is unparalleled when the sun hits the waves, just like diamonds spread throughout the surface. It is such a perfect way to start the day. It puts my emotions at peace. As days went by experiencing the same thing, the sight I admired the most became
normal to me. As my work at school made me tired, I would sleep throughout the trip home.

 Now, as I make my way  in the middle of the busy city surrounded by beautiful lights and cheerful crowds, there's this sudden longing for the years I spent at the island. I surely miss the tides.

 


witnessed:目撃した

dazzling:眩しい

vivid:鮮やか

anticipated:予想される

unparallele:比類のない

surface:表面

emotion:感情

admire:感心する

surely :きっと