2019年7月5日金曜日

2019年7月5日金曜日 -

Joshua- Karate



I have trained in the art of Kyokushin Karate for twelve years now. Through my training I had the opportunity to visit Japan and compete in the World Kyokushin Karate tournament. During the tournament I met some of my favorite fighters, who I had watched for years. They were on another level compared to everyone else. The tournament was held in a stadium with over ten thousand spectators. Never had I fought in front of so many people.

Through years of training and dedication I was I was able to get my Shodan, my black belt. It was a grueling nine-hour day filled with fitness-tests, kata, and so much more. Amongst the “so much more” were over fifty rounds of fighting with tough fighters from all over the country. It was the hardest day of my life by far but also the most rewarding. I will never forget the day I finally got to put on my black belt.

Through my love of karate I came to love Japan. Now I am living in Japan and want to experience as much of it as I possibly can.






spectators: 観客
dedication:専念
grueling:厳しい
filled with:~でいっぱいになる
Amongst : ~の中で
tough: タフな
rewarding: 価値のある