2019年7月5日金曜日

2019年7月5日金曜日 -

Conner Trip to Thailand


During Golden Week, I spent six days in Thailand. Ever since hearing about Thailand’s tropical climate, beautiful beaches, and cheap, delicious food, I knew I had to go. I only had a few goals for my trip: get plenty of Thai massages, eat tons of food, and go to the beach.

The first stop: Patong Beach, Phuket. I got a lot of Thai massages while I was there, which are very unique from anything I’ve ever experienced. Instead of just massaging your muscles, they also stretch you out. For one hour, it was only 600 yen. In America, I would pay around 7000 yen for an hour, so I got two in one day!

From Phuket, you can easily take a ferry to Phi Phi, which is known for its stunning views. Phi Phi was easily the most beautiful place on my trip. I’ve been looking at pictures of this place for years, so it was a treat to see it for myself.

After Phi Phi, I went to Bangkok. I wasn’t expecting to like Bangkok, but this was actually my favorite spot. It felt much more authentic than Patong. I spent the day wandering around the city, eating street food, and exploring the many outdoor markets. The weirdest thing I tried? Unripened apples with fish sauce and chilies. Very strange, very spicy. I got a huge bag for 100 yen.

Food was much cheaper in Bangkok, so I ate non-stop. For street food, you’ll usually spend 100-300 yen for a meal. For restaurants, it’s a bit more, so maybe 300-500 yen. I recommend sticking with street food, as Bangkok has famously-delicious street food. And, I really can’t stress this enough: it’s outstanding. They use more vegetables and fresh herbs than Japanese food, which creates a unique flavor. Not all Thai food is spicy, either; the majority of my meals weren’t spicy. But, I love spicy food, so I would ask them to make it extra spicy.

My first trip to Thailand was a success. I tried delicious food, got countless massages, and relaxed on the beach. After spending a week in Thailand, I’m eager to go back.


tropical climate:熱帯気候
stunning:見事な
authentic: 正真正銘の
Unripened: 熟していない
sticking with:~のそばを離れない



outstanding:実にすぐれた
majority:大多数
countless:数えきれない
be eager to:~したくてたまらない