2018年6月23日土曜日

2018年6月23日土曜日 -

Anna Moric – Summer Plans


This summer, I'm planning to spend some time in Kyoto and Nara with one of my friends. Even though I've lived in Osaka for almost five years now, I actually don't go to other parts of Kansai very often compared to my friends or other people I know. Of course, I want to go, but because my sense of direction isn't very good, I'm always worried I'll get lost if I go alone! These days, though, there are so many people and volunteer guides around famous areas that even if I get lost, I'm sure someone would be able to help me find my way again.

One of the places I'm most looking forward to visiting is Heian Jingu, since I've never been there before, and the pictures I've seen of it always look really amazing. I studied Japanese history in college, but not in depth, so I know only a little about the different periods of history and the importance of different shrines and temples. Since I never studied the Heian period for very long, I'm interested to know more about what happened at the famous Heian-era sites around Kyoto.

 I'm also really interested in visiting the Gion area, because when I first visited Kyoto around seven years ago, my friends and I tried to go there, but we took the wrong bus and ended up arriving too late to go inside! I'm still a little disappointed about it, but I'm excited to be able to have another chance to see it.

And of course, I'm really happy to get to eat all of the green tea-flavored foods around Kyoto. I especially like green tea chocolate! As long as the weather is good, I expect to have a great time seeing all of the sights I haven't seen until now.
 
spend some time: 時間を過ごす 
sense of direction: 方向感覚
looking forward to: 楽しみにしている
in depth: 徹底的な
importance: 重要性
ended up: ~することになった
-flavored: ~味の
As long as: ~である限り