2015年3月6日金曜日

2015年3月6日金曜日 -

Maria : Adopting a Pet

All my life, my family owned pets. In America, we had many animals, such as dogs, cats, and rabbits. When I moved to Japan, I found life at home was lonely without a pet. I missed my cat in America very much. So, my friend and I decided to look into pet adoption.

There is an animal shelter in Osaka called Animal Refuge Kansai, or ARK. We traveled to the shelter in hopes of bringing home a cat. ARK shelters many animals, including dogs, and there are many sweet animals to meet. It was very difficult to choose which cat to bring home because we wanted to adopt them all!
 
Adopting an animal is a good way to find a loving pet. Animals in shelters range from young to old, and from big to small. Animals end up in shelters for many reasons. Sometimes they are abandoned and other times their owners can no longer look after them. Whatever the reason, you will definitely find a pet at a shelter which suits you and your lifestyle. When you adopt from a shelter, you are giving an animal a second chance of happiness!

The adoption fee is much less than if you buy a pet from a pet store. The animals are also all healthy, up to date on their shots and microchipped, which is important for the safety of your pet!

We were able to bring home a beautiful black kitten from the animal shelter. Now, I am very happy with such a sweet cat at home. Won’t you consider adopting a pet?


Missed:恋しく思う
look into :探す
pet adoption:ペットの里親になること
shelter:保護施設
adopt:里親になる
range:~の範囲にわたる
end up:行き着く
abandoned:捨てられた
up to date:最新の状態
shots:注射

microchipped:マイクロチップ登録されている