2015年3月27日金曜日

2015年3月27日金曜日 -

Dan Choi : My Holiday in Tokyo Disneyland!


Over the winter I managed to visit Tokyo Disneyland, twice! The last time I visited was two years ago, so I was really excited about going there again. The last time I went to Disneyland I experienced their Easter theme. This time, however, I went during Halloween and Christmas.

For my Halloween visit I decided to go on a weekday believing that there would be fewer visitors at the park. I couldn’t have been more wrong! The place was packed. I guess everyone must have had the same idea as me!


I was really impressed with the costumes I saw. Not just the costumes worn by the park staff, but also the costumes that some of visitors were wearing. I assume because it was so close to Halloween, many people had decided to wear costumes! Everywhere I turned stood Belle, Alice, Elsa, and other Disney princesses! It was wonderful! 


My Christmas trip was just as eventful because I managed to meet four of the most famous Disney characters. Prior to my Christmas trip, I had only met one Disney character before… the Genie from Aladdin. This time, I met Donald, Pluto, Mickey, and Uncle Scrooge! I was particularly happy about meeting Scrooge, since he was one of my childhood idols. When I was a kid, I used to watch his cartoons and read his comics all the time. At any rate, when I saw Scrooge, I shouted over and over again, “Uncle Scrooge! Uncle Scrooge!” Finally he came over to me and gave me a nice pat on the back. What a nice fellow!

I wonder… when should I go to Tokyo Disneyland this year?

managed to:どうにか~する 
Weekday:平日
PACKED:ギュウギュウ詰め
Assume:おそらく~だと思う
Instead:代わりに
Prior to~より前
Particularly:特に
At any rate:とにかく