2014年9月26日金曜日

2014年9月26日金曜日 -

Anna : 1 Year Anniversary

Now it’s been one year since I came to Japan! I can’t believe I’ve already been here this long. When I think about 2013 and graduating from college, it feels like a really long time ago but it was only 12 months. In that time, many things have happened to me, my family, and my friends. I’ve met many cool people, traveled to a lot of different places, and learned many new things. Some of my friends got married or moved to other countries. My younger brothers started college and high school, respectively. It’s really amazing how many things can happen in such a short time.

At the beginning, I was really scared about coming to Japan. This is the first time I’ve ever lived somewhere alone, without my family or friends. For the first three months I really felt like giving up and going back home. Even though I had been to Japan before, the second time was so different; I was shocked and confused. The first time I visited Japan I was happy every day and never thought about going home because I had good friends with me. This time, however, I had to do everything by myself and I didn’t know what to do. I felt lost.

After some time passed, my experience started to become better and better. I began traveling around Japan and visiting my friends who live in Tokyo and Nagoya. I also made new friends here in Osaka and started going sightseeing and shopping. Now I always have something to do every day, and I’ve grown to feel comfortable being alone sometimes and doing things on my own. I have come to love Osaka and all of my new experiences!

My decision to come to Japan was actually very sudden, and at first I didn’t know if it was a good idea. But now that I’ve been here for one year, I’m definitely glad that I came here. I’ve been able to have a lot of experiences and learn a lot of things that I couldn’t have learned in America, and I would be sad if I went back home now because I’m having so much fun in Japan. I think I was able to really grow as a person because I came to Japan, and I’m looking forward to my next year!


it’s been one year since:~以来1年が過ぎた
this long:こんなに長く
it feels like:~な気がする
respectively:それぞれ
felt like giving up:やめようかなと思った
by myself:自分ひとりで
actually:実は

looking forward to:楽しみにしている