2013年4月30日火曜日

2013年4月30日火曜日 -

Ron - Canadian Cottage



Hi! My name's Ron Vanden and I'm from Canada. I live in Osaka but I have a cottage that I own in Canada with my sisters. 


The cottage is a two hour drive north-east of Ottawa, the capital city of Canada. Osaka's a big exciting city, and I love the food here, but it's very different from my cottage, so every year I return to Canada and stay at my cottage for a week. It's on a beautiful lake full of clean fresh water, and lots of fish! There is a sandy beach in front of our cottage so swimming is enjoyable. 

Ducks come to visit our beach too! The lake is surrounded by forests. There is a large provincial park behind the cottage. It has some gravel roads through it but no people live there so it's great for hiking and taking drives in the forest. Beaver, deer, and many other animals live in the forest. One day I stepped out of my cottage and saw a deer looking at me! :
We have two canoes and one small motorboat. They are very useful for traveling around the lake. You can even go swimming from them. There are cliffs at two places on the lake. They are good places to jump and dive into the lake from. There is also a beaver dam and beaver house on a small creek running into the lake. Take a look at the pictures of my cottage and lake. Aren't they beautiful?
 
cottage = 別荘
a two hour drive = 車で2時間の
capital city = 首都
It's on a beautiful lake = 美しい湖の上にあります
surrounded = 囲まれている
provincial park = 州立公園
gravel roads = 砂利道
Beaver = ビーバー
canoes = カヌー
cliffs = 崖
jump and dive = 飛び込み
beaver dam = ビーバーの作るダム状の巣
small creek = 小川