2021年5月21日金曜日

2021年5月21日金曜日 -

Alya-A Clichéd Question about Pastimes

 “What are your hobbies?” It's a question that you often hear when having a conversation, but it leads you to know how interesting that person is. In my case, I’m interested in playing video games, watching TV series or movies and doing make-up. My hobbies may sound typical but they enhance my life and allow me to de-stress while remaining mentally active.

You may think that playing video games is a childlike pastime and for entertainment only, but it also hones your skills such as critical thinking, decision making, multitasking and so on. Recently, there are a lot of devices used to play video games and tons of various games. Personally, I prefer computer and phone games. I’m really into stimulator, MOBA, adventure and shooting zombies games. It really excites me playing these games and awakens the competitive spirit in me.

I have an unusual taste in TV series and movies. I’m really into suspense, horror, fantasy, comedy and crime-related shows. It’s such a surprising thought how a TV series or a movie changes your perspective and tells you things you never thought you needed.

My childhood had a big influence on my passion for doing make-up. My cousin, a freelance make-up artist in America, chose me as her canvas when she practiced her skills, and it inspired me to follow her path. I am not


into glam make-up. What fascinates me are magical and Halloween make-ups. However, my skill is kind of rusty for not doing it often. The last time my face was touched by make-up was early 2020.

 As you are about to finish reading my blog, you know that a piece of me is an introverted artist. If you see me in person, you might think that my hobbies don't suit me at all. I look girly and cute, but underneath it there’s a girl who loves doing things differently and that's what makes me unique. Interesting, right? How about you, what are your hobbies?


leads:つながる

enhance my life:生活を豊かにする

competitive:競争心

crime-related shows:犯罪関連番組

perspective:視点

influence:影響する

rusty:なまっている

introverted:内向的な

underneath:その下に