2019年9月25日水曜日

2019年9月25日水曜日 -

Kira - My Earliest Memories


The earliest I can remember is Saudi Arabia. We lived in Jeddah. It was interesting. My mother had to wear an abya (a black robe the women wear that covers their body and face). I didn't have to as I hadn't hit puberty. Women and men were separated in shopping malls, parks, hotels and even restaurants. However, there were restaurants for families and the schools were not separated. The people were kind, friendly and so elegant.

The beaches were incredible and the sea life on the reefs was magical! My father was in a rugby team and had many friends from different countries so we would go watch his games every three weeks.  The parks, although separated, were filled with beautiful flowers and trees and places for kids to play. The schools were amazing with incredible teachers. We used to go camping in the desert on the weekend and the local food  was delicious.










Jeddah:ジッダ(サウジアラビア西部の都市)
abya:アバヤ(全身を包む黒っぽい女性が着用する民族衣装)
puberty:思春期
elegant:上品な
sea life: 海の生き物
filled with:~でいっぱいになる