2019年6月20日木曜日

2019年6月20日木曜日 -

Kyle A Trip to Himeji


One Tuesday in April, I decided to take advantage of some excellent sunny weather, which had arrived just in time for every cherry tree in Kansai to explode into color, and made my way over to Himeji - with a couple of friends, of course.

After an enjoyable train ride, we arrived at Himeji station, which has perhaps the most scenic exit of any train station I've ever visited: after leaving the station, you immediately find yourself looking straight at Himeji castle, down a long and wide street lined with trees. As someone who gets lost quite easily, I appreciated this immensely. We promptly made our way to the castle, stopping only twice for food (karaage and yakisoba).

Once we reached the castle grounds, I was surprised by how different they looked relative to my previous visit. When I'd last been there, the weather had been perfect, but there hadn't been much greenery – most of the trees were bare

Now though, the grounds were absolutely overflowing with cherry blossoms. The colors of the flowers matched perfectly with the castle itself, while the sky was a perfect backdrop for this scene to be set against.


take advantage of :~を利用する
explode into:爆発して~の状態になる
scenic:眺めの良い
immensely:広大に
promptly:即座に
relative:相対的な
greenery:緑樹
bare:葉のない