2019年6月13日木曜日

2019年6月13日木曜日 -

Anna Travel & Music


It's finally springtime in Osaka again, and the weather is getting much warmer. In the wintertime, because it's cold, I don't want to go outside very much, and I spend a lot of time inside reading books or watching TV. But when the weather gets warmer, I always want to go outside and visit different places, and sometimes even new places. Over the last few years, I started to travel more around Japan, and try to go to two new places every year. I like sightseeing and traveling, but actually, the main reason I decided to travel more often is to see my favorite band, who tours around Japan every year or two years.

Since I learned about this band, I began to make friends from all over Japan, and even all over the world, thanks to social media like Twitter and Instagram. Although they are a Japanese band, all of the songs are in English, and the vocalist is half-Japanese, so he always talks about bringing people together and making strong bonds that go above being from the same country or culture. Many of the fans of this band, and other bands, are around my age, but I sometimes meet much older or much younger fans, and I think it's amazing that so many different people can come together to like the same thing. Even though I'm a foreigner at the concerts, where most fans are Japanese, I never feel uncomfortable or singled out. Because of the message of community and family, all of the fans are like one big family in front of the stage.
I've also been to places I never imagined I would go because of this band, and my friends. I walked all over Tokyo for a week, and even visited Okinawa for the first time last autumn. Although I don't have any real plans yet, I'm thinking about going back to Tokyo or Nagoya for more concerts this year if I get the chance. Every time I go somewhere, I find places I really like, or that surprise me, so I really look forward to seeing and experiencing more whenever I can. I'm really happy to have met so many great people and seen so many things just by becoming a fan, and I really want to do even more in the future! It's a great feeling, and reminds me a lot of the kindness of people, and the power of music.


bond:絆
go above:~を上回る
singled out:
look forward to ~ing:~することを楽しみにする
remind: 思い出さる
kindness:優しさ