2018年10月5日金曜日

2018年10月5日金曜日 -

Jonathan: Self introduction


It wasn't until I graduated high school and went to college that I was able to experience different kinds of culture and started developing a desire to travel and experience other cultures. Being raised in California I was always able to see and admire other cultures but as a student in Los Angeles I was able to experience it fully, and began to appreciate it more and more. The vast differences in manners and rules were really interesting to me, and the history of each nation and the culture that was born from the history made me want to figure out a way to live in it first hand. So when I heard of an opportunity to teach in Japan, I leaped at it. I learned a small amount of Japanese history through school and the stories my Japanese friends in college would tell me but it's very different hearing about something and being able to experience it yourself.

Now that I'm in Japan, I'm trying my best to learn the language by going to a friend's bar where the locals are kind enough to teach me two or three words a day, and I'm trying as many foods and delicacies that Japan has to offer. So far, my favorite food is tongkatsu and my favorite restaurant is Torikizoku. I hope to visit Universal Studios Japan very soon for Halloweenfest and meet new people and make new friends.

developing:~を持つようになる
Being raised:育てられた
fully:十分に
appreciate:良さがわかる
vast:大きな
figure out:理解する
leaped:飛びついた
Now that:今や~なので
Delicacies:珍味