2018年4月21日土曜日

2018年4月21日土曜日 -

Maria: Seasonal food



Living in Japan, I have noticed the popularity of seasonal foods and flavors throughout the year. Just last month, it seemed like everything was flavored like cherry blossoms! Enjoying lovely pink, delicately flavored treats under the canopy of flowers in springtime is something I look forward to every year. Recently, many cafes and restaurants are offering many foods and drinks flavored with one of my favorite fruits: strawberries! I can't wait to try as many seasonal strawberry snacks and sweets as I can, before the season changes yet again and new flavors are celebrated.
 


One of my favorite seasons for food and drink is autumn, because I love pumpkin-flavored things! My favorite combination of flavors is pumpkin and cinnamon spices, and I hope this combination catches on in Japan soon.

What's your favorite seasonal food or flavor? Happy eating!

Throughout:~を通して
delicately:繊細に
canopy:天蓋
offering:提供している
celebrated:~を祝って楽しむ
catches on:人気を博する