2018年4月13日金曜日

2018年4月13日金曜日 -

David H:A trip to Korea


I went to Korea last month and it was a blast! I had been planning the trip for more than a month and when it was finally the day to go, I couldn't even sleep. So I ended up being very tired by the time I arrived at the apartment I was staying at. This was my second time in Korea, so I didn't plan to do much sightseeing. However, my Korean friends wanted to show me around so I ended up visiting some new places. The most exciting place was a theme park called Everland. It's a huge theme park owned by Samsung with lots of different themes and attractions. There was even a zoo and an aquarium inside. It was quite impressive.

     My friends also took me shopping and it was surprising how many cheap shops there were. I was tempted to buy many things, even though I didn't need anything! In the end, I remembered that what I really wanted to do in Korea was try the food. There were many delicious restaurants, some that were open twenty-four hours, some that were western-themed and, of course, Korean barbecue. I think the Korean barbecue was my favourite. I love spicy food, I love meat and I love barbecue, so Korean food is almost perfect for me. I ate until I was full every night (and every afternoon and morning too!). My favourite was a sweet and spicy barbecue pork dish that seemed to melt in my mouth.

     I ended up deciding to bring some Korean food back home with me. I packed spicy noodles, snacks, drinks and some more noodles. My suitcase was actually overweight, so I had to wear some extra clothes through the airport and then stuff them back into the suitcase! I had such a good time over there that I'm already planning another trip for an even longer time. I can't wait!


Blast:非常に楽しい
ended up:=することになった
tempted:そそられた
stuff:つめこむ