2017年9月22日金曜日

2017年9月22日金曜日 -

Sarah: Baltimore

          Baltimore is located in the eastern part of Maryland. I have always found it strange that it is not the capital of Maryland, as it seems to be the most well known city. It is a pretty small city if you compare it to other cities. Many parts are abandoned and not great to be in. It is quite sad because the buildings clearly used to be very beautiful and are full of interesting history. There are some very nice parts of Baltimore though. The Inner Harbour always attracts many tourists with its shops and restaurants. Watching baseball at Camden Yards is another great activity in the city that attracts thousands of people. There are also many nice neighborhoods such as Hampden and Fells Point where young people live and like to hang out
wiki  : ボルチモアのストームの様子

   The weather in Baltimore is very similar to Osaka. In the summer it is extremely hot and humid. It does get colder than Osaka in the winter though. Last year we had over 1 meter of snow from one storm
    
Wiki
wiki
     Baltimore is very famous for its crabs. Baltimore has the best crabcakes in the United States. Also, Baltimore has its own spice called Old Bay. People from Baltimore love Old Bay and put it on EVERYTHING.
             
               I actually don't live in Baltimore city. I live in a suburb right outside of Baltimore called Towson. It is about a 10-15 minute drive to get from where I live to the center of Baltimore. This is one thing that I love about Baltimore. It is very easy to drive 10 minutes out of the city and get to the suburb, and then drive another 10 minutes and get to the country. I have always lived in Baltimore. I even went to university in Baltimore (most people move to other states for university). The only time I left Baltimore was when I studied abroad for a semester at Kwansei Gakuin in Nishinomiya. Now that I am living in Osaka, this will be the longest time I have been away from Baltimore. I am excited for this new adventure!

well known:よく知られている
abandoned:人が住まなくなっている
attracts:魅了する
hang out:遊びに行く
similar to:~に似ている
storm:雨や雪、雷などを伴う嵐
crabcakes:蟹を使ったアメリカ料理(写真参照)
Old Bay:主に蟹や蝦の味付けに使うスパイス
suburb:郊外
studied abroad:留学した
a semester:一学期