2017年9月8日金曜日

2017年9月8日金曜日 -

Jason: Chocolate Chip Cookies

  When I was a kid, one of the highlights of the holiday season for me was when my mother made chocolate chip cookies. She would makes dozens and dozens of them, and I would eat almost as many!
       Now I can make them for myself here in Japan with my oven. The ingredients are commonly available in supermarkets, though the chocolate chips will most likely need to be bought in an import supermarket.

Ingredients :
2 cups chocolate chips
3 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 sticks (1 cup) butter, room temperature
2 eggs
1 tablespoon vanilla extract

Directions :
1. Pre-heat oven to 190 degrees.
2. In a large bowl combine flour and baking soda, and then set aside.













3. In another large bowl combine sugar, brown sugar, vanilla extract and butter, mixing thoroughly.











4. Add eggs, one at a time, and mix thoroughly.
5. Add flour and baking soda from the other large bowl, small amounts at a time, mixing completely.
6. Mix chocolate chips into the cookie dough.











7. Spoon about one tablespoon of cookie dough onto the cookie sheet or pan (I usually have space for a dozen)
.












8. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes.

9. After baking, allow cookies to cool for a few minutes, and then transfer to wax paper or aluminium foil to cool completely.
















10. Enjoy!

  Over the past two years I’ve baked many batches of chocolate chip cookies during the holiday season to give to my friends here in Japan. It’s a holiday tradition I enjoy very much!

highlights:最も興味のあること
dozens and dozens:何ダースも
ingredients:材料
commonly:一般的に
all-purpose flour:中力粉
baking soda:重曹
vanilla extract:バニラエッセンス
directions:作り方
pre-heat:あらかじめ温めておく
combine:合わせる
set aside:おいておく
thoroughly:徹底的に
at a time:~ずつ、一度に
dough:生地
many batches:何回も