2016年12月24日土曜日

2016年12月24日土曜日 -

Hugh:Cosplay Festival – Nipponbashi Street Fiesta

I guess that the Japanese word cosplay in English means 'costume play' and refers to dressing up in various costumes as animation characters, etc. You may or may not know it but I'm really into taking people photos and this festival provides the perfect opportunity to do so.

I have been to the Nipponbashi Street Festival for the past three years and the most recent was this March 2016. I arrived in Nipponbashi early in the morning, camera charged and ready, as well as a back-up camera, in my bag. Almost immediately, I started snapping. I didn't come in costume but I got the opportunity to see some really interesting costumes, from Gundam Man, Spiderman to Death Note and many others. There were thousands of people in attendance and we all got the chance to see a parade of costumes, too. So, hundreds of photos later, I ended up having a thoroughly enjoyable day.

If you ever find yourself in Osaka around 21st March, head on down to Nipponbashi and check out the street festival. Make sure you bring your camera, as well as your confidence.

In the words of the prophet The Terminator… “I'll Be Back.”

really into:夢中だ
people photos人物写真
providesくれる
snappingパシャパシャ写真を撮る
in attendance出席して
find yourselfいることになったら
head on down向かって
check out見てみる

prophet預言者