2016年4月22日金曜日

2016年4月22日金曜日 -

Ali Broadstone: A trip to Nara


My Japanese friend recently took me to Nara. It was a very fun trip! I have been living in Osaka for some time, but I had not had the chance to visit Nara. My friend's father drove us there and we went to see various shrines and temples.
The deer were quite friendly. I am used to seeing deer as there are many in the United States, but I did not expect them to walk right up to me. The deer in the United States run away if you get too close to them. They were probably hungry, so I bought them some food and fed them in Nara Park. My friend, however, does not like animals. I kept the deer away from her.
The people I met in Nara were friendly and relaxed. The atmosphere felt very peaceful and the food I ate was very tasty.
At the end of the day, I bought a doll of Sento-kun to bring home with me. I thought he was very cute. My friend thought it was funny that I would want a stuffed animal. But I wanted the doll to remind me of the fun day I spent with her. Now, Sento-kun sits on my desk at home. I hope to go back to Nara soon to explore. 


took me:連れて行ってくれた
shrines:神社
walk right up to me:まっすぐ近づいてくる
get too close to:近づきすぎる
probably:たぶん
however:しかしながら
kept the deer away:鹿を追い払う
At the end of the day1日の終わりに
a stuffed animal:ぬいぐるみ
remind me of:思い出させる
explore:探検する