2014年12月26日金曜日

2014年12月26日金曜日 -

Katherine:Christmas cake

I’m not good with cold weather… I find it so hard to get out of bed in the morning when it’s cold! But one thing I do love is eating, and there’s a lot of good food around at this time of year!


Back in Ireland, many people eat mince pies in December. They’re popular in many countries. They’re small pies with a mincemeat filling…. this mincemeat usually doesn’t contain any actual meat though; it’s mostly dried fruit mixed with alcohol and spices! I don’t eat mince pies very often, but the smell of mincemeat immediately reminds me of Christmas!  





The first time I had Japanese Christmas cake I was quite surprised… it was strawberry shortcake and it was so sweet! Most of the Christmas cakes back home contain spices and some kind of alcohol, so they’re not very sweet. They’re based on old recipes and they taste quite different from a lot of modern desserts. I’m often surprised to see so many strawberry desserts in shops during this time of year in Japan. I always thought of strawberries as a summer fruit!  







mince pies:ひき肉入りのパイ
filling:詰め物
contain:入っている
back home:私の国の
based on
:~に基づいて

☆ Katherine's blog 1☆

☆ Katherine's blog 2☆