2017年6月2日金曜日

2017年6月2日金曜日 -

John:Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

Hello, my name is John Hommel. I came to Japan from America. I was born in California, but I grew up in Hawaii and went to college in Florida.

When I was 13 years old I started training in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu in Honolulu, Hawaii. Now I practice jiu-jitsu at a school in Osaka.

Besides jiu-jitsu, I wrestled for two years in high school.

When I’m not practising, I like to read mystery novels, listen to jazz, and visit temples and shrines. If you also like mystery novels, I recommend reading books by Michael Connelly. He writes stories about detectives and most of his books are translated into Japanese. I especially recommend Blood Work (わが心臓の痛み in Japanese). 


And if you want to learn a fun and effective way to exercise and protect yourself, then you should learn Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu!

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu:ブラジルに移民した柔道家が柔道の技術をカルロスグレイシーなどに伝えて改変してできた格闘技、武術の一つ。寝技の組み技が主体。
Besides:~の他に
Wrestled:レスリングをした
Michael Connelly:アメリカのハードボイルド派の探偵・犯罪小説家

detectives:探偵