2014年11月7日金曜日

2014年11月7日金曜日 -

Maria:A Concert At Saitama Super Arena

From October 24th to October 25th, a special concert was held at Saitama Super Arena. Eight years after suddenly disbanding, a  famous visual kei band held a two-day “final goodbye” live event for their fans.



I became a fan of this band as a high school student but never had a chance to see them in Japan before they disbanded. Even now they are my favorite band, so a sudden reunion was like a dream come true. I knew I had to go, no matter what.


Being a fan of the band has changed my life in many ways. I have strong friendships that were formed because of our love for this band. In Saitama, four of us reunited to see the music that we loved. Two of us traveled from Osaka, one from Tokyo, and one all the way from America just to see this band!

It was so moving to see all of the fans gathered at Saitama. Thousands of people who suddenly lost their favorite band eight years ago had now come together to see one final show. There were all kinds of people there: younger fans, older fans, and even cosplayers.. The anticipation of so many different people for this one event electrified the air. I knew I would never forget that feeling.

The band’s members all went their separate ways after disbanding, and seeing them all on stage together one last time was surreal. Their excitement and energy was felt throughout the entire stadium. Day one’s set list opened with the band's final single release, aptly titled a word used in greeting. Over the course of two days, they performed songs from all across their discography, from high-energy heavy rock to heart-wrenching ballads.

As the second day came to a close, it was hard not to think about how the dream we waited for so long to come true was about to end. During the final interval, they reminded us that the past is no more, but the future could be anything; we must not forget to love the present. Though it was hard for us to leave Saitama Super Arena and say goodbye, these words ring true and we must not forget them.

I will never forget these two days, the friends who have been with me and the new friends I made, nor what I have gone through to get here now. I could finally live an impossible dream… What other surprises will the future hold?

Thank you to my favorite band.

disbanding:解散
reunion:再結成
no matter what:何が何でも
all the way from:遠路はるばる
anticipation:期待
electrified:帯電している
surreal:非現実的な、夢のような
aptly:いみじくも
high-energy:力強い
heart-wrenching:切ない
present:現在