2014年6月6日金曜日

2014年6月6日金曜日 -

Jason W: Pulled pork barbecue

I've been living in Japan for almost 11 years now, and I think I've adapted well to Japanese cuisine, though there are times I really need a taste from home. Thankfully, there are quite a few import supermarkets scattered throughout Osaka. While in one of them, I saw some barbecue sauce and got a powerful need for some pulled pork barbecue. I went online and searched for recipes for barbecue and discovered a simple one that I could make here in Japan without too much hassle. The only thing I had to do was go to a store and buy a slow cooker (also known as a crock pot in America). Once I bought one, I set about getting my ingredients and attempted to make pulled pork barbecue in Japan.


The ingredients I used are:

1-2 Kg. pork (any cut of pork will do, I use shoulder or tenderloin)
1 bottle of any barbecue sauce sold in an import supermarket
salt
pepper
paprika
chili powder

  1. put pork into slow cooker
  2. put 1 tablespoon each of salt, pepper, paprika and chili powder over the pork
  3. cover and cook on slow for 8-10 hours (more meat requires longer cooking time)
  4. uncover and remove excess fat and water with a ladle ;shred pork with forks or with a spatula
  5. add 1 bottle of barbecue sauce and mix into the shredded pork
  6. cover and slow cook for 1 hour
  7. to serve, spoon barbecue onto sandwich roll and enjoy!













Cuisine:料理
Scattered:散在する
powerful need:どうしてもほしいと思うこと
hassle:手間
slow cooker:電子調理器具の一種
crock pot:比較的低い温度を維持する電子調理器具
set about(仕事などに)着手する
ingredients:材料
tenderloin:ひれ肉
excess:余分な
ladle:おたま
shred:細かく切る
spatula:フライ返し

spoon A onto BBの上にAをスプーンですくい上げる