2013年1月25日金曜日

2013年1月25日金曜日 -

Martin - Madame Tussauds Sydney

During my vacation last November I went back to my hometown of Sydney. While I was there I got to rub shoulders with some very famous people. I saw US President Obama, Queen Elizabeth, Johnny Depp, Jackie Chan and Lady Gaga among a host of others. Do you think that I'm pulling your leg? Well... I guess I am... kind of.
                              Martin with the lovable Audrey Hepburn                                     

You see, I went to one of Sydney's latest and most fascinating attractions, Madame Tussauds wax figure museum. Here you can get up close and personal with many famous and some infamous people from the past and present depicted in wax! The wax figures are so lifelike and their resemblance with the real person is uncanny. There are many historical and political identities as well as sports heroes and heroines. In addition there are a lot of celebrities from TV, movies and music. At times it even felt a little eerie walking around the museum as one might even expect the figures to speak or move. 
                                   Martin with the extraordinary Jackie Chan                                     

A feature of the museum is being able to see behind the scenes and discover how the wax figures are made, right down to how hairs are put into the head! I recommend a visit to Madame Tussauds if you are going to Sydney as it also features a lot of famous Australian characters who you may or may not know of. Naturally you won't be able to get any autographs at Madame Tussauds but you will be able to take a lot of photos!

Martin


   Martin with everyones favorite... Johnny Depp!                                                                    

Hometown ふるさと・故郷
to rub shoulders = 交流する場を持つ・有名人と付き合う
pulling your leg = からかう・かつぐ
fascinating attractions 興味深い名所
wax figure = ろう人形
get up close and personal = 近づく・親しくなる
infamous = 悪名高い
depicted 描かれる
lifelike生きているような・実物そっくりな
resemblance 類似性
uncanny 不可思議な・(超自然なほど)正確な
identities 人々
celebrities 有名人
eerie 不気味な
behind the scenes 裏側の・舞台裏の
autographs サイン