2012年12月21日金曜日

2012年12月21日金曜日 -

Liz - Kakunodate, Akita


                                                                 Liz                                                               
Last month, I went on a trip to Akita Prefecture. I along with around 20 international women visited Kakunodate which is a city famous for its old Samurai homes. Since we went in the Fall it was a bit chilly, but the city was beautiful. When we arrived we were taken to a Kimono house where they dressed each of us up in our own kimono. I always thought traditional Japanese clothing was pretty but I never thought it would look good on me. That was my first time wearing a real kimono, it was a fun experience but I feel I looked a bit strange. Walking around Kakunodate was definitely interesting.


I think it must have been the first time that 20 foreign women all dressed up in traditional Japanese garb walkedthrough the town. While in Kakunodate we visited a traditional tea house and participated in our own tea ceremony. It was the first time many of us tried traditional Japanese Tea, it was delicious! After visiting the tea house we went to many samurai homes and learned about how traditional families use to live in Japan. I had an amazing time and I will remember this trip for the rest of my life.

famous for : ~で有名な
chilly :肌寒い
dressed up :~の衣装を着せる
look good on me :似合う
clothing :衣服・服装
experience :経験
a bit strange:違和感・変
definitely: 絶対に・本当に・間違いなく
garb :服装
participated in :参加する
for the rest of my life :一生
 

                    Liz                          

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. Please vote for my blog by clicking the Nova Usagis below.
I look forward to meeting you in class!